Here is the first quad in the Stung collection:
What a quad is:
- One quad comprises 4 interlinked squares, made up of 15 characters wide x 8 lines deep, exactly. (Obviously the font chosen is fixed width. They were originally composed on a manual typewriter.)
- There is no punctuation, at all, including apostrophes.
- There are no gaps at the ends of lines
- There are words within words.
- The black/red is not accidental. There must be some red characters on each line.
- The reds form a (subsidiary) poem in itself, particularly as a sound poem.
- The breaks and elisions in words, and the grammatical enjambment are not accidental and contribute to the meaning, imagery, rhythm etc
- Subject matter can be anything: straight imagist as here, though surrealism is good.
- There are no titles, except for perhaps numbers.